Monday, October 25, 2010

Fall Harvest

Even though we are well into Fall now, we are still getting a trickling of produce from the garden. Most exciting, we got our first fall cucumber from a plant I put in the ground back in late August.  And the red pepper in the middle, it's not a bell, it's a habanero and it's so HOT.  The pole beans have been producing so well.  Every week, we are picking this many beans!  This whole bowl was turned into pickled cukes and dilly beans.  Yum.
I gave up on the bell peppers turning red or orange.  These were pulled and given to my parents.  Our one and only broccoli plant that produced a crown, grew a 2nd round of smaller crowns.  Nice!
See what others are harvesting this Fall at Daphne's Dandelions.

14 comments:

  1. I am so envious of everyone's broccoli- it looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice size habanero pepper! I bet it's extra hot! All of my hot peppers have been extra hot this year. The varieties that I have planted are a couple of points lower on the hot pepper scale then a habanero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! I see the first inkling of shoots on my broccoli today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious looking harvest! By the time winter ends, I usually don't want to see another serving of brocoli or cauliflower. I wish the season for beans was longer, they are such a welcome change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! How cool that you're still getting cucumber....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on the late sown cucumber!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when the beans and cucumbers just keep on giving you produce despite the arrival of fall! You are a getting a great extended summer harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to get little bits of broccoli like that near the end of its harvest time. Extra tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't think I could handle habanero's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm growing broccoli for the first time this year, I've got my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always do better with the side shoots than the main heads of broccoli. Some year I want a pretty 6" head, but for now I live on side shoots. Well normally. This year I have no broccoli at all and I really miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, that all looks so good. And I'll bet since it's from your own garden that it tastes even better. Congrats on your success!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad