Friday, April 15, 2011

A Rose By Any Other Name

I finally placed my order for my David Austin Roses.  (jump for joy) I always admired the roses featured on Davy's Louisiana's Gardening Blog.   He grows the most stunning specimens.  I asked him where he ordered his roses and he recommended  Chamblee's Rose Nursery.  I placed my order for the following rose bushes.  I ordered the Anne Boleyn, it's a stunning soft pink rose with lots of petals and a nice fragrance.  What I like about this rose is that it's a repeat bloomer, so it should bloom well into the fall. 
photo from Chamblee's Nursery website
I knew I also wanted a white rose so I picked out this one.  It's called Glamis Castle.  On the Chamblee website is says the rose is named after, "Glamis Castle, the childhood home of the late Queen Mother and the legendary setting of Shakespeare's play 'Macbeth'".  I love that the color is a creamy off-white.  It also has a fragrance and a repeat bloomer.

photo from Chamblee's Nursery website
Lastly, I ordered this deep yellow rose called Graham Thomas.  It is named after "one of the most influential rosarians and garden writers of our time." What I like about this rose is that it's disease resistant and the color is amazing.
photo from Chamblee's Nursery website
The roses are being shipping out next week. I can't wait to get them in the garden. I planted only hybrid tea roses last year, so I am really excited to add David Austin roses to the garden this year.

8 comments:

  1. These are beautiful roses! I grew 50 English roses a few years ago and might just start again. Please keep us posted. Chamblee's Rose Nursery and Antique Rose Emporium rock.

    Graham Thomas is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful, I can almost smell them now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors!! Roses don't do very well here through the winter(:

    ReplyDelete
  5. What nice choices you made! I used to have a rose garden, but gave them all to my brother one year and traded out for hibiscus!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUS! I am so jealous of your soon-to-be blooms!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad