Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Love... Trader Joe's

A new Trader Joe's just opened up near my house and I could not be happier. I've written about my love of Trader Joe's before.  It's my favorite grocery story....ever!  My sister and her family were visiting me the other day and we decided to make a run there to pick up some goodies.
Not only does Trader Joe's have an amazing selection of food, they also have an amazing selection of plants.  Especially orchids.  Look how gorgeous this plant is!  And it's only $12!!!!
There are so many orchids to choose from.  I had to use all of my willpower to not take one home with me.  I have killed 3 orchids last year, so I didn't take one home.  I can't keep them alive at all.
I went a little overboard with the food shopping.  Here is my stash! 
So much yummy stuff!  And most of it, I went for the organic stuff.
Of all the things I picked up, my three favorites are this peanut butter made with sea salt.  I love sweet and salty things together, so this is pretty much amazing.  This Himalayan pink sea salt, I've always wanted to try this type of salt because it's pink, but never could afford it.  Anytime I've ever seen this type of salt elsewhere, it's always been super pricey.  But Trader Joe's has great affordable prices, and they don't chintze on quality.  That jar of Himalayan Pink Salt was only $2. Two bucks!! I also picked up some vanilla beans. I'm hoping to make some vanilla extract with this.  I've read about it before, how you simply put the vanilla bean into some good vodka. I've always wanted to try it.
We were so hungry after we finished grocery shopping that we order a giant platter of sushi.  I can't think of a better way to end the day!

4 comments:

  1. You should know that I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a Trader Joe's that opened recently in Portland, ME. We have only been a few times because it is really, really busy ALL the time. However, we have loved everything we have purchased there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, you got that stuff we call alien pizza - that caramelized onion flatbread thing. Can't remember why we call it alien pizza - something about it being so good that aliens made it or soemthing. if you like spicy, my favorite TJ's item is the chili and lime nuts - kaffir lime leaves, dried chilis, I think lemongrass, cashews, limes, peanuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good information. Lucky me I ran across your blog by chance (stumbleupon).
    I've saved as a favorite for later!
    Stay updated with the hype in somerset
    Here is my blog : Somerset Directory

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad