Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Red Boots for Gardening!

For Christmas, I bought myself a gift, although, it's really for the garden.  I splurged on a pair of Crocs rain boots that I intend to use in the garden.  Aren't they cute?
In the past, I had purchased cheapy rain boots that didn't hold up to the amount of time I spent in the garden.  They would wear out in no time, and break by the end of one gardening season.  So this time around, I decided to get a fun color and to invest in a pair of Crocs rain boots.  I bought these online, so I didn't get to try them on before purchasing them.  When I received them in the mail, I was surprised that the material that the boots were made of were really stiff.  It's made out of the same material as the Crocs clogs.  I found them slightly hard to walk in at first, but after a little getting used to, they are more comfortable now.  And I just love the red color!  Very bright, and stylish!  I bought a size 7, but the sizing seems a little bigger than a 7, since there was a lot of space inside the boot.  I think I should have gotten a 6 1/2.  Although, I decided to keep it, because I figured with the extra room, I could also wear warm wooly socks and also used these for the winter.
How about you?  Did you splurge on any fun gardening gifts to yourself?

6 comments:

  1. I bought Mrs IG some Laura Ashley wellingtons. She won't wear them in the garden - she says they're too good!

    I haven't a clue where she's intending to wear them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought some short boots at Tractor Supply for going to the barn and feeding my dogs. Love them.

    I also bought us a table wood scroll saw for XMAS. Helping out so much with the mosaics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well...as a fan all red shoes (not just garden clogs!), I absolutely LOVE your new boots! How cheery on a mucky day like today. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are cute!
    I have some Christmas cash that I want to use for a great watering can! Haven't ordered it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I bought some rainboots from target last year, and the inside fabric came out. Other than that, they are holding up OK. Hopefully they'll last another season!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad