Friday, February 10, 2012

Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter "Cookies"

 
I have a sweet tooth, I won't lie.  Here's the thing, I am no baker, I am the first to admit that. Even though I will follow a recipe exactly, somehow my cookies always turn out not as good as I hoped.  So when my brother-in-law told me about a no-bake peanut butter cookie recipe that his grandma makes, I totally had to make it.  A cookie that doesn't require baking?  Sold! It is so easy and boy are they sinfully good!  There are only 5 ingredients in this "cookie".  Sugar, Corn Syrup, Peanut Butter, Butter, and the key ingredient.... Cornflakes!  The cornflakes hold up to the syrupy mix and stays completely crunchy! I found two pretty good recipes online here and here.  Try it, you won't be sorry!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds easy. PB's are my favorite cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great, but I am trying to avoid all processed foods! That means sugar and definitely corn syrup! And corn flakes. Gee. I'll just eat the peanuts with some raw honey, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I refuse to believe that you can't make cookies! As Samuel Beckett nearly said, "Bake again, fail again, bake again." Eventually you get it. Even mistakes are rarely inedible. Or hell, make a batch of chocolate chip dough and bake it as a blondie.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad