Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gutter Planters

Last week, I wrote about being at The Hort and I saw some cool gutter planters.  I really loved this look and want to replicate it at home.  I just didn't know how to make this. 
Then this week,  I saw on the Aha! Home and Garden blog an article on how to make a hanging gutter garden.  It was such perfect timing!  In the article, there are lots of great photos and it shows you step by step on how to make a hanging gutter planter.  I absolutely love the white gutter look. I have to see if my local hardware store carries these types of gutters!

4 comments:

  1. They do look cool, but I wonder how much actual space there is for soil and what you'd be able to grow in there. Looks like lettuce / salad greens might work just fine, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...tried leaving a comment a minute ago but it doesn't seem to have worked.

    Anyway, I was wondering how much space these gutters have to hold soil...it must be enough for some baby lettuces and salad greens, as they have pictured there, huh? Probably not much else. They do look cool, though! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea. I'm thinking about trying this on my terrace.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad