Friday, September 28, 2012

Waiting Patiently: Homemade Vanilla Extract

When my friend the Frugal Gardener told me that she was making homemade vanilla extract, I was intrigued! I've never made it before, but always wanted to. When she told me that it only had 2 ingredients, vanilla beans and vodka, I was sold. Surprisingly enough, I had both ingredients at home!
Split the beans in half and stick them into vodka.  Whoa easy! Now, the hard part. Waiting the 8 weeks for this to turn into vanilla extract.
Check out Frugal Gardener to find out how to make your own DIY vanilla extract.  I was telling her that when this is ready, I might not end up using this for baking rather, I'm going to add some sugar and milk for a nice "White Russian" type of cocktail.  hehehehehe. Come on, sounds good, right?

2 comments:

  1. sounds awesome! I'm going to make some coffee bourbon soon...excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to make it too!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear from you. Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Book Recommendations

ad